Hare: P Merah
On On: Hubert St, Darlington
We started out the back gate of P Merah’s house (not heading immediately down a massive hill in Darlington is always a good start) and shot east towards Glen Forrest. Checks were sparse, but there were false trails aplenty, which kept the pack tight at the start of the run. Two runners almost fell over a precipice (well, not really, but it sounds more dramatic than “two runners checked down a steep hill”) while the newly crowned breakaway leaders snuck down a side path.
We weaved through some of the Glen Forrest back streets until coming to the primary school, carefully skirting around it, and heading back towards Home along the creek/stream/sometimes-wet-thing.
Fines in the post-run circle abound, including:
- Scarlet Runner Bean: for turning up late, and all sorts of self-confessed shenanigans.
- Dosh and P Merah: for matching dodgy knees.
- Justin: for being good at running (the nerve!)
- Dripper: new shoes
- Rambler: weird shoes (again, from memory. I think those shoes must attract a fine at every showing)
- …and several more, but my memory has now fallen flat.
Ah… that’s it.